Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer

Summer is Here and we have many adventures ahead of us. As I plan our summer schedule I think back to the days with the older ones I have 4 now who no longer go on all our fun adventures as they have moved to older things to do in their lives. I never realized how nostalgic this time would be as I think about the fun times we had. I know I will have many fun times with our younger ones too. I am planning many nature adventure hikes , camping, day camps and so much more.

Summer time when I was a child was filled with camps and horseback riding and hiking and lots of other things. So as I plan a camping trip for each month this summer it makes me think back. As we just returned from our first one and it had many activities that were educational but fun. I now know that when I was younger even though I wasn't in school I was learning even though I didn't know it. I guess even as an adult you don't think about that until you are actually planning on a learning activity. I love the phrase "Homeschoolers the world is our classroom".

I would just like to say to all parents whether you home school or not get outside with your children there is so much to learn and they grow so fast.

No comments: